Legal Quilts

It would be a crime not to own one.

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Legal Quilts Gets Snarky

Over on Previously TV, we were discussing commercials and how the holidays are all run together these days.   This inspired this snarky quilt:



It is called  "Chrismagivingoweensterjuly to school"    I got fabric from various holidays and put them together in no particular order in the center.    





I also had a bag of various length strips that I had bought at a quilt show.  I was waiting for the right quilt because of the various lengths made using them in a planned quilt difficult.   What I did was sort them into dark and light piles (light and dark being relative terms).   Then I sewed each set into one long strip.   The length didn't matter as for this quilt, it was perfectly fine if a new fabric started up in the middle of the row of another one.   Just like the holidays smooshing together.    Same with the dark and light.   They didn't have to be as delineated as normal because blending is the whole point of this quilt.   


Yes, this is my protest against Halloween stuff being in the store ALREADY.   


I have plenty of the holiday center fabric left over if you want a single holiday, non-snarky quilt (I can single holiday snark if you prefer).   


I did not put Hanukkah here because at this time it hasn't been over commericialized like other holidays.   But there is Hanukkah fabric and I would live to work with it (hint, hint).   

No comments:

Post a Comment