Legal Quilts

It would be a crime not to own one.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

August Work

Been busy making quilt tops.   Seems everytime I finish a top I get an idea for a new one.   Lots of quilts to choose from.

It is also the start of football.  Fine it's preseason but I will take what I can get.   I quilt while I watch football.   The beginning of August saw the induction of the 2014 class to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.   During the speeches I was stuck by how much cancer has hit the football world.   Claude Humpreys wife passed from cancer 2 years before he got the call he had been inducted into the Hall.   His wife had been his biggest advocate for induction.   Then Jim Kelly was there to see his buddy Andre Reed go into the Hall.   As we all know, Mr. Kelly is fighting cancer right now.   It was in remission but it returned.  

My own family has been touched by cancer also.   My grandfather died of leukemia, my stepbrother passed away from lung cancer and my stepfather from stomach cancer.   Finding a cure for this far to prevalent disease is near and dear to my heart.

Thanks to a generous customer I was able to make a larger than normal contribution to CURE Childhood Cancer this month.   You can find out more about CURE here.  They are highly rated by Charity Navigator.   You can donate directly to them or if you want to be involved in another cancer charity, you can donate through my other blog where you can donate to charity and help make a quilt for charity.   Awesome right?

No comments:

Post a Comment